The Bengt Turner Award is Open!
See here the rules and criteria to apply to it and submit your paper.
The deadline for submission is 12th June 2015, same date as the Conference Paper submission deadline.
The aim of the Bengt Turner Award is to encourage new researchers to write research papers on housing and urban issues linked to the topics of the ENHR Working Groups, to increase awareness of ENHR, and to keep alive the memory of Bengt Turner.
The 2015 Bengt Turner Award will be a best conference paper award for those colleagues who are eligible.
· be linked to ENHR Working Group topics
· contain original research not more than three years old
· be on a suitable academic/professional level
· add a new perspective to their topic, containing original ideas
· be written by a single author
· be written in English
· normally not exceed 8,000 words including all text, figures and tables. Diagrams and tables usually occupy the equivalent of 300 words each, and you should allow for this in your total. Legal-related papers are excepted from this limit.
· be less than 36 years old, OR have received a PhD in the preceding three years
· be based in an European country, or have carried out their research in Europe
· be registered for the annual ENHR Conference.
Time-table of the BTA process
· The Bengt Turner Award will be announced as soon as the deadline has been set. This round the deadline will be June 12,2015.
· The winner of the BTA will be announced in a formal ceremony at the ENHR Conference.
The content of the Bengt Turner Award
The winner of the Bengt Turner Award will receive:
· a waiver of the conference fee by the conference organiser
· advice from senior researchers about submitting the paper for publication in the International Journal of Housing Policy or any other journal which is relevant
· a special certificate in a decorative frame
· a one-year membership subscription to ENHR and a report about the winner in the ENHR Newsletter.